Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crazy overindulgence & Cinco De Mayo Mexican Chicken recipe

What a crazy weekend!  We spent it in Alabama with some friends celebrating the Kentucky Derby (I know...I know...wrong state!).

 
The boys call it "meatfest" and grill entirely too much food, on top of scrumptous appetizers, dips and brownies. Yeah....I gained two pounds. I TRIED to be good and honestly, it was the first time I REALLY cheated during my entire WW diet this time. Friday night- Chick-fil-A...complete with a cookie milk shake (I only drank half...that has to count for something, right?). Saturday was just a trainwreck, even though I had a chopped salad (from Subway) for lunch. Sunday, the trainwreck continued with Cracker Barrel for lunch and O'Charley's for dinner...and Dairy Queen for my mom's birthday. TRAIN WRECK. I was impressed that I only gained 2 pounds. However, in one day, I have already lost one of those two pounds, so yeah! :-)

And just for the record, eating healthy not only helps you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight, it helps you just FEEL better overall. I can tell you, I haven't felt this BAD in 4 months. Tired, sluggish and an upset tummy. (and no, its not a hangover. I didn't consume but 2 small glasses of wine all weekend). I'm convinced it was my somewhat poor choices diet all weekend.

So, Monday, it was 100% back on the wagon and in honor of Cinco De Mayo (one day late), I made 6 point Mexican Chicken.....I liked the flavor and it was pretty yummy. That being said, I think I might have liked it more NOT being cut into "cubes" and left as whole chicken breasts. It might have tricked my brain into thinking I was getting more food. The servings felt very SMALL, although a serving is equivalent to one chicken breast. Hubby and I ate this on the fly, so there was no sit down meal with it, but if I had, I would have probably served it with black beans...maybe corn on the cob....and a green vegetable. And don't omit the green onions. They really help make this dish!

MEXICAN CHICKEN

6 points per serving
Ingredients:
1 pound boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Seasoning for Tacos
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup enchilada sauce
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onions, chopped

Instructions:
Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning; grill or sauté. Cut the chicken into cubes and place in a greased 8x8" baking dish; season with salt to taste. Add the enchilada sauce and toss to coat the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and bake at 350º for 10-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Scatter the green onions over the top.

Makes 4 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 266 Calories; 12g Fat; 33g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment