Tuesday, May 21, 2013

HALF a pound to go & EASY Tilapia "kid-approved" Tilapia recipe

After almost a month of gaining and losing the same TWO (2) pounds over and over again, I've finally gotten over the hump and I'm 1/2 a pound away from my Memorial Day goal! I am trying to hit it by this Friday morning, actually, because once we leave for the beach, I am not going to count points or step on a scale until we get home. I am not going to go crazy and I do plan to eat sensibly, but vacation is vacation, people. You gotta live!

I have been MIA for a while. Hubby was out of town (and I don't cook when he is gone) and we've had insane evening hour schedules as all the kids' school and extracurricular activities are winding up. We grilled burgers Sunday night and last night I made spaghetti, which is the first week I've cooked since May 11th, I think!

Tonight is my youngest daughter's choice for dinner. She chose breakfast- pancakes specifically...and scrambled eggs. Love her. Oldest daughter gets to chose Wednesday and she wants her "favorite tilapia recipe", which is actually a very basic (and LOW points) recipe- Baked Tilapia, which I don't think I've posted on this blog before. The recipe doesn't mention measurement amounts, so I just eyeball it!

Baked Tilapia

3 ounce tilapia filets

Pam (olive oil flavor)

salt

pepper

garlic powder

minced garlic


Preheat oven to 450°.
In glass baking dish, spray Pam. Lightly coat the top of filets with Pam,
Season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced garlic.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Points = 1 point per ounce of tilapia and that is it!
 
 
Thursday night is "clean out the frig" night, so leftovers or whatever we can find is what is for dinner! Then its off to the beach.  I will not be posting again until early June. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment