Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vacation & a New wardrobe

Well, vacation #1 has come and gone. I did not meet my Memorial Day goal. Ok- to be fair, I MIGHT have, but I was without a scale to weigh myself. I only gained 2 lbs on vacation...a huge win, I think! I tried to eat healthy most of the trip. 10 days of eating out of your normal routine is tough.

I shopped a lot while there and ended up with 6 new dresses! 2 are the long "maxi" dresses that I've never been comfortable wearing. Not sure why - they are SO comfy. I got 4 more cute sleeveless dresses and a ton of new shirts and shorts. I should be good to go for our upcoming mini-trip to Las Vegas for hubby's work conference.  (here is one of the new dresses- although you only see the top part!) My mom has tons of cute family pics on her camera, but she hasn't sent them to me yet- I'll post more later!

I did NOT find a new swimsuit. I just cannot find one that I like on me. I tried on 25+ swimsuits. Nothing worked for me. I have several that I already own that still fit me, but I'd still like a new one. I'm still searching. I tried ordering several from Lands End and nothing made me happy. I see tons of cute ones on the internet, but I am too unsure of what size to buy. Ugh. I still hate swimsuit shopping! BUT, for the first time in 3+ years, I didn't feel self-conscience on the beach...or in sleeveless shirts/dresses! Nice feeling.

I'd like to shake these 2 lbs. before leaving for Vegas. Or even 3. I know eating in Vegas will be worse than Destin. I will be in a hotel -not a townhouse with a full kitchen. I'll be confined to eating hotel restaurant food for b'fast and lunch and other yummy places for dinner. I will attempt to make healthy choices as much as I can. Any tips on something I can take with me in my suitcase for healthy b'fast? I am thinking Quaker Breakfast Cookies (180 calories) or some other kind of bfast bar? Do you have a favorite that is good AND filling? I do not think our hotel offers "free" breakfast and I hate waking up hungry and having to get dressed and all that jazz to go scrounge up something to eat!

I made crockpot tacos Sunday night- just some chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in the crockpot. I cooked on high for about 3 hours and it was done. Add a little of that mixture to a taco shell or soft shell, some shredded cheese, lettuce and whatever else and viola- yummy, easy dinner! Tacos are one my oldest daughter's fave foods and since her little sister is off on another trip with her grandparents, I made tacos just for us. I whipped up some beef mixture for her, though, and froze half of it for another time. Last night it was just the two of us and we splurged and got Chinese. Bleck. I just can't eat that stuff like I used to. Made my tummy hurt.

Nothing on the meal calendar until Thursday night. I get a few nights off of cooking. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment