Thursday, July 11, 2013

Comfort Food-Pot Roast

Ok, so Pot Roast is not exactly "diet" food or even low fat, but its been in my freezer forever and the roast NEEDED cooking!  :-)   So today its in the crockpot. I expect it will feed us for a week! I've had this recipe forever and a day and now I'm seeing it more and more online, on Pinterest, on food blogs, etc. I think I got it from a recipe message board like 8 years ago. Here is just ONE of the thousands of Pinterest pins on it. And there is a reason you see this recipe everywhere- its EASY and YUMMY!  VERY good!  However, if you are sensitive to a lot of salt, you may want to look for a low-sodium version of at least one of the below mentioned mixes or use less of the packet. (And as I type this, I realize I forgot the 1/2 cup of water! Oops - I'll add it at lunch time!)  I added a ton of baby carrots, onions and a few little potatoes. To keep it "healthy", I'll just watch my portion size...that is about all I can do. But sometimes you just need some comfort food. Its probably a better fall or winter "cold weather" recipe, but like I said, the roast needed to be cooked and SOON. I only make pot roast 2-3 times a year, anyway.

And FYI - I've already lost 1 of those 4 pesky pounds! Yeah!


To Die For Crock-Pot Roast

1 beef roast, any kind
1 package dried brown gravy mix
1 package dried Italian salad dressing mix (use ½ packet for less salty taste)
1 package dried ranch dressing mix (use ½ packet for less salty taste)
1/2 cup water

Place beef roast in Crock-Pot.

Mix together the dried mixes in a bowl and sprinkle over roast.

Pour the water around the roast.

Cook on low for 7-9 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment