Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer eats!

I love summer food...fresh vegetables and fruit galore!  Farmers Market has been so much fun to browse every Saturday. This week we've had lots of yummy stuff....cantelope, watermelon, peaches, sweet corn, zucchini, squash, peppers, tomatoes, and more. I've made Honey Chicken Kabobs, Baked Tilapia and a new one...Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps, although I didn't grill them...I heated them in my pancake pan! :-) They were good...a "low-cal" version of a cheeseburger. Nobody complained-everyone ate it and said it was good. It was quick and easy and did not require turning on the oven, which is a requirement when its 100 degrees outside!


Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps


Ingredients

1 lb ground beef (I used ground venison)

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used a little more to taste)

1 tablespoon ketchup

1 teaspoon dried minced onion
 
1 teaspoon garlic salt (original recipe does not call for this, but I felt it desperately needed it)

pepper and salt (if needed) to taste

5 flour tortillas (the larger ones)

shredded cheddar cheese

sliced tomatoes

yellow mustard

Instructions
Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain.

Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, garlic salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.

Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. Spread some mustard on top of the beef along with some slices of tomato.

Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated grill.
Grill wraps for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Cut on a diagonal and serve immediately.
 
 
I've lost 2 of the 4 lbs I gained on vacation.  Its very important for me to lose them because this is usually where I fail...not losing vacation weight. Hopefully by the end of next week, I'll be good to go!

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken is on the menu tonight and Breakfast for dinner tomorrow night. I LOOOVE B'fast for dinner, as do the kids, so its another easy, no oven required dinner! Stay cool!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment