Monday, April 1, 2013

3 point lunch & Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken

After a weekend full of family meals and celebrations, I stepped on the scale this morning..and ouch. BEFORE I did so, I had lost a total of 14.5 lbs. Somehow, in 1 day, I gained 1.5 lbs. Huh?  I'm hoping that was a fluke or water weight or something crazy. I know I ate more than I should have in chocolate yesterday, but I didn't eat 1.5 lbs worth of Hershey Kisses! EEK!   Here is a fun pic of me (in my size 10 dress!!) and my girls on Easter Sunday:



Regardless...back on the wagon today. I ate oatmeal for b'fast (5 pts) and had coffee (1 pt for creamer) and had a banana for snack. Now I'm eating my 3 point lunch - yep - 3 points! Turkey (3 slices = 1 pt), Cheese (1 pt), lettuce (0) all on a 1 point wrap, with lots of fresh vegies and a sliced up orange - all 0 points. Its pretty filling, that is for sure. Its pretty much what I eat each day for lunch. I change up the wrap somedays to include a 100 calorie pac of guacamole (3 pts) instead of cheese (so the wrap would be 5 pts) and to that..sometimes I add 2 strips of turkey bacon for an extra 1 point = total of 6 points. OR, to the turkey and wrap, I sometimes add one of the flavored Laughing Cow cheese wedges for 1 point (3 points total).  It all really depends on what is for dinner and if I need to eat a conservative lunch or if I have points to spare! The Progresso soups with WW points are also kinda good- at most, a whole can is 4 points. (the pot roast is yucky, but the others are ok, in my opinion). I really need some other low point lunch options- do you have any suggestions?

And also- I would like to say that the Ranch encrusted tilapia recipe that I made on Good Friday was SOOO YUMMY!!  It was the first time I had ever cooked with Panko crumbs and I swear, the taste VERY MUCH reminded me of Captain D's!!  Very yummy...even as leftovers the next day!

Tonight is Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken. Its a new recipe that I'm about 99% sure I plucked from Pinterest. I will let you know how it is! I plan to serve it with Jasmine rice, which is another reason I'm having a 3 pt lunch! :-)  Jasmine rice is 5 points a serving! I don't know....I may forego the rice, but I'll make it for everyone else.


Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken

This amazingly delicious Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe tastes just like the kind that you’d get at your favorite Chinese fast food restaurant, but this light sweet and sour chicken has just 2.5g fat and 8 Points per serving.

Ingredients
  • 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 4 tbsp ketchup
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce (I plan to use "lite")
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • Salt & pepper

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the liquid egg substitute.
  3. Spray a large skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Cook chicken until browned but not cooked through.
  4. Spray 9×13 baking dish with the non-fat cooking spray and place the chicken in it.
  5. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. (I plan to pour only on 1/2 of the chicken, otherwise the kids won't eat it!)
  6. Bake for one hour and turn the chicken every 15-20 minutes.

Preparation time: 15 minute(s)

Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 10 minute(s)

Number of servings (yield): 4

Culinary tradition: Chinese

Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 8 Points +

PER SERVING: 335 calories; 2.5g fat; 42 carbohydrates; 27g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment