Monday, April 8, 2013

Down 16 lbs....and a new recipe & 3 point BLT!

Sorry to be MIA for a while - it was spring break!  I am officially down 16 lbs and I am in my size 10 stretch jeans & dresses. I can get INTO and fasten my size 10 khakis and slacks, but I wouldn't wear them in public! Yeah..still a tad TIGHT.  I'd say another 3-4 lbs and I'll be good to go! Although I do have lots of clothes already in that size, I still see a shopping trip in my future the next time we are in Destin (Memorial Day!)!!!

So, since I've been MIA and on spring break, it meant I didn't cook much and we ate out several times. I did make the WW deep dish pizza "casserole". Have I posted that recipe? I also made a new Chinese Chicken Stir-fry. Super easy and pretty good. I may add a few more flavors next time I make it though.The original recipe link can be found here.

Chinese Chicken Stir-Fry

DSC_0828
 
 
ingredients:
 
3 chicken breasts - I used 1 lb.
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced - I used 1/2 of a large red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced - I used 1/2 of large yellow bell pepper 
1 stick celery, chopped
3 skinned carrots (or about 10-12 baby carrots)
1/2 white onion, diced
20 edamame (I used sugar snap peas)
2 Tbsp light soy sauce (the green bottle) - I think I used about 3 Tbsp...I just kept adding a dash of it to make it taste more "asian."
3 Tbsp lemon juice - this was about 1 whole lemon.
1 Tbsp olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes (I used a "dash" of Cayenne red pepper- it was not enough)

 
Chop up all veggies, except for the edamame, and cut up chicken breasts and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Throw veggies into skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add chicken, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. Enjoy!
Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 167
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 8.7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 21 g
Old Points: 3.3 pts
Points+: 4 pts

I served the Stir-Fry over approx. 1/2 - 3/4 cup of brown rice, for an additional 4 points. (about 1/3 of the "bag" of Uncle Ben's 90 second microwave brown rice! The whole bag is 10 points and its supposed to be only 2 servings, but I can usually get 3-4 out of it. I would have PREFERRED Jasmine Rice, but its several more points a serving.) And just and FYI - my kids did NOT eat this, but I liked it! I will try more pepper and maybe a tad more soy sauce next time.

OH - my new 3-point lunch fave is a BLT. (4 slices of pre-cooked Turkey Bacon - 1 point per 2 slices), on a 1-point wrap, with lettuce and tomato. No mayo required, but if you must, I recommend a Laughing Cow cheese wedge or maybe even Olive Oil light mayo or a 100-calorie guacamole pack (3 points). But its YUMMO, and less points, without any "dressing" in my opinion!!! As always, I eat my wrap with a heaping portion of fresh vegies like fresh cut bell peppers, baby carrots, sugar snap peas, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes and a heaping portion of fresh fruit- like items such as a sliced up mango, grapes, a cut up orange, fruit salad, banana...etc...you get the drift. Its all very filling and satisfies me until about 3 or 3:30 when its snack time! :-)

On the menu this week are a few old favorites like Almond Encrusted Tilapia and Pan-Glazed Chicken and a few new ones to try - Mexican Meatball subs and Asian Lettuce cups. The weekend includes a smoked turkey - so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment