Friday, April 19, 2013

2 recipes and busy upcoming weekend

I'm still stick on 17.5 lbs. I haven't lost a thing for over a week....just stuck...on a plateau. Ugh. And I only have about 5 lbs to go! Frustrating. However, I'm starting to get into my size 10 pants. Still need some wiggle room, but I'm able to wear them in out in public now! :-)

Wednesday night we had a tilapia recipe I've made before. I like it- its simple and has a good taste. Its not GREAT, but its a nice healthy, quick dinner. Fish fillets go from frozen to thawed in about 10 minutes in a sink of water, too, which helps when you forget to take the fish out of the freezer that morning...oops! This time I used FRESH oregano and honestly, it wasn't much different, so I'd say just stick with the dried...its cheaper and it last WAY longer in the pantry! :-)


Broiled Tilapia Oreganata
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 196.5 • Fat: 7.7 g • Protein: 30.1 g • Carb:2.4 g • Fiber: 0.5 g

  • 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
  • 4 (5 oz) tilapia fillets
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
  • 4 tsp olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs (I cannot find this anywhere, so I just use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs)
Preheat broiler. Line broiling pan with aluminum foil.
Rinse tilapia. Pat fillets dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Add garlic, drizzle with oil and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil about 8 inches from the heat until the topping is brownedn (about 3-5 minutes). Be careful not to over cook the fish.

Serve with lime (I didn't do this) and your favorite vegetables.

So, yesterday I made a NEW crockpot recipe...Crockpot Turkey Tortelli, which used 4 cups of my hubby's yummy smoked turkey. It was a bust. It had ZERO flavor. I added 3x the amount of seasoning it called for...and it was edible, but in the end, I just threw away the recipe. I am not even going to post it here that it was so bad. And the worst part...I had LOTS of leftovers that I couldn't throw away. I just couldn't. So, I guess that will be lunch for the next few days. Blah.
Tonight is an old favorite....Monterey Chicken. Its a makeover of the yummy Monterey Chicken you can get at many different chain restaurants...you know...sinful chicken with bacon, cheese and maybe tomatoes on top? This recipe isn't as sinful, but still pretty darn tasty! This still has the OLD WW points on it....I'll refigure it tonight, but I'm guessing it will remain at 6 or only go up to 7.



Monterey Chicken
Serves: 4
WWP: 6
Ingredients
4 (4 oz.) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Barbecue Sauce
1/4 Cup Hormel Real Bacon Bits
1 Cup 2% Colby and Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese*
1 (14 oz.) Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained (optional)
Or 1 medium chopped tomato (optional) - I use a fresh tomato!
Sliced Green Onions (optional) - I've never used the onion
Pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Pound out the chicken breasts to flatten.
Season each with a little pepper.
Cook the chicken in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-low heat until no longer pink.
Place each breast onto a baking sheet and top each breast with 1 tablespoon of barbeque sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup tomatoes, green onions and 1 tablespoon of bacon bits.
Place into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).


Per Serving: 263 Calories; 8g Fat (29.0% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 840mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
This weekend is my youngest daughter's birthday...which means dinner Saturday night is HER choice. Not sure if we'll be dining out or having chicken nuggets and hot dogs!!  On top of that...her birthday party is an ice cream sundae party - no cake, just a "make your own sundae bar". I will try to keep myself away from making myself one! Sunday is "grill night" so its hubby's choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment