Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday Ranch Crusted Tilapia & Easter Candy points

Last night's Chicken Pot Pie was good. It wasn't as good as my "from scratch" Chicken pot pie....but I'm dieting, right? So, I probably need to skip the recipe that calls for milk and butter in the sauce and "real" pie crusts!  I may play with it and see if I can find a happy medium between the two, though.

Tonight for our Good Friday meal is Ranch Crusted Tilapia.  I think it looks yummy! I'm not entirely sure about the points value, but I'm guestimating 5 points per fish. I'm thinking I may pan "fry" in a littlte bit of olive oil, as baking it sometimes makes the breading a little too moist for me, but based on other recipes, if you choose to bake , do so at 425ºF for about 20 minutes or until they easily flake with a fork.

Ranch Crusted Tilapia

Breading:
3 cups Panko bread crumbs
1/4 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (the powder)
1/4 tsp pepper

Wets:
1 egg white and water for dipping and wetting fish

Dip fish in wets, then coat in the breading mixture and bake
 or pan fry (with a little butter/oil to coat pan) until done.
 
Hope y'all have a great Easter Weekend!! And for those of you wanting to indulge in some yummy Easter candy - I found this great chart telling how many points your fave candies are. Its from a blog post in Feb. 2013. (for entire blog post, which has A LOT of candy listed- go here)
 
Easter Candy

Brach’s Robin Eggs (6 pieces) = 4.5 points
Cadbury Caramel Egg (1 egg) = 5 points
Cadbury Chocolate Egg (1 egg) = 4.5 points
Cadbury Creme Egg (1 egg) = 4 points
Cadbury Mini Eggs (12 eggs) = 4.5 points
Dove Solid Milk Chocolate Bunny (6 oz.) 1/4 of the bunny = 6 points
Hershey’s Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs (4 eggs) = 2.5 points
Hershey’s Kisses (10 Kisses) = 7 points
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (35 pieces) = 3 points
Lindt Lindor Mini Eggs (3 eggs) = 2.5 points
Milky Way Egg (1 egg) = 5 points
Peeps (3 pieces) = 3 points
Snickers Egg (1 egg) = 4 points
Here are some other charts if you don't see your favorite above:
 
And I have a question for those of you who have husbands on WW or are guys yourself....what is their/your points value per day??? My hubby is thinking of joining me and a 2012 Weight Watchers daily points calculator we found online says he should have 43 points per day!!!  That seems high to me, as my points per day is only 26, but then again, everytime he HAS done WW with me, his points per day HAS BEEN a lot higher than mine.  Does 43 sound right? YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment