Thursday, March 28, 2013

My ring, a size 10 dress and chicken pot pie!

Weird title, I know! 

1st and foremost- I GOT MY WEDDING RING OFF!!! (and I prompty put it right back on after a good, thorough cleaning and a squirt of Windex to make it SHINE!)  As some of you may remember, not being able to get my ring off was my main reason for wanting to lose weight because it was beginning to hurt and was dirty! My finger is now permanently warped, though...its weird. It like my finger grew around my ring. Some people have a "tan line" where their ring is- I have a permanent indention!!
 
2nd - I bought a dress today for Easter - a size 10!!!  I have always typically been able to wear a size smaller dress then the size pants I wear, but still....yeah!!!  I'm still about 8-10 lbs away from my overall goal being able to comfortably wear a size 10 in pants/shorts, but that is sooooo do-able! 

3rd- dinner tonight is Weight Watcher's version of chicken pot pie. I haven't made it in YEARS. We'll see.....I have a *different* chicken pot pie recipe (NOT WW) that I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE, so we'll see if this one even compares.

CHICKEN POT PIE-WW

Ingredients
1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick (I use the Healthy Heart Bisquick)

1/2 cup skim milk

1/4 cup egg substitute (or 3 egg whites)

2 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed

2 cups cooked, chopped white chicken meat

2 cans fat-free Cream of Mushroom soup

 
Instructions
Preheat oven to 400.

Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.

Mix together veggies, chicken, and soup. Pour into casserole dish.

In another bowl, mix Bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour over the top of the chicken mixture.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until the crust is golden.

 

If  6 servings = 5 POINTS each/ or if  4 servings = 7 POINTS each

This recipe came from the WW Magazine cookbook "6 O'Clock Solutions".

No comments:

Post a Comment