Friday, March 15, 2013

2 lbs in 2 days and 2 more recipes!

I've lost 2 lbs in 2 days! Huh???  I haven't done anything different except just barely get all my points in each day. No extras. So....officially down 12 lbs. and officially "comfortably" in a size 12 (and -tmi-down a bra size, too!)!!  I'm taking my oldest daughter shopping tomorrow for her birthday, and I may have to grab a few new things for me, too, while we are out! YEAH!  I still can't get my ring off, though. What's up with that?

So, the Broiled Tilapia Parmesan we had the other night was SOOO good. I highly recommend that recipe!

Last night we had Chicken Cordon Bleu - a recipe I found years ago, but I've never made. It reminded me a little of the recipe I have where I cook chicken wrapped in bacon in the crockpot with cream of something soup....but this was MUCH healthier. 5 points per chicken "bundle." I served it with steamed broccoli, green peas (my youngest daughter had 3 helpings!) and watermelon. The whole meal was 5 pts, so I finished it off with a 3-pt WW ice cream treat!


 
Chicken Cordon Bleu
 
 

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
3-4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature ( I used about 1/2-3/4 of each wedge on each chicken breast...I used 2 1/2 total wedges)
3-4 oz. (about 8 slices) 97 - 98% fat-free ham slices (I used 2 slices on each one)
salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put chicken in a large sealable plastic bag, squeeze out as much air as you can, and seal. Using a meat tenderizer or a can (I use the thick end of my ice pick!), carefully pound chicken through the bag until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from the bag, and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.

Lay the chicken flat and spread the cheese wedge over it. Evenly layer the ham slices on top of the cheese. Starting with one of the longer sides (or any side, if it's square), tightly roll up the chicken breast cutlet, and secure with toothpicks.

Place chicken roll in a baking dish lined with foil and/or sprayed with nonstick spray, and then cover the baking dish with foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the foil covering the dish. Continue to bake (uncovered) for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
 
 

Serving Size: 1 chicken cordon bleu
Calories: 222
Fat: 4.5g
Sodium: 692mg
Carbs: 2g
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 40g

POINTS® value 5*
 

 
Tonight I plan to make a recipe I saw on Pinterest for Layered Mexican Chicken -Go HERE to find the recipe.
 
Saturday we will be going out to our local yummy Italian restaurant for oldest daughter's birthday - her choice. On my Sunday night menu is another fish recipe, too....HERE it is. I noticed that the recipe only makes 2 servings, so I'll have to double it. It is not a WW recipe, so I'll have to configure points, but it can't be more than 6-8, maybe less if I don't use so much butter. We'll see. I'll report back on Monday!
 
In the mean time, if YOU have a yummy WW recipe for a meal, snack, dessert, whatever, that is easy, please feel free to send it to me. I love to try new things, as getting bored with the WW recipes I have is one reason I stop making and eating them! Post your recipe in the comments, or if you know me, feel free to email or FB me the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment