Wednesday, March 6, 2013

1 point Chocolate mini-Cupcakes

Last week I said I'd post this recipe - here ya go! Its great for chocolate cravings and only "about" 1 point each. They are actually about 1.4 points each, but I rounded down. My oldest daughter loves them, too, and I've packed them as dessert in her lunch box several times. I froze 1/2 of them, so I wouldn't have the temptation of so many chocolate cupcakes readily at hand.

2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Mini-Muffins (cupcakes)

makes approximately 36 mini-muffins

Ingredients
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree

Directions
1. Preheat the oven per box instructions. Spray the mini-muffin pan/s with a baker’s spray (baker’s secret or Pam)
2. Combine the cake mix and the pumpkin and beat on medium for 2-3 minutes until well blended and fluffy.
3. Spoon a heaping tablespoon into each well in the mini-muffin pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool.

You can garnish with powdered sugar or a pecan, but both of those add unneeded calories in my opinion. They are approximately 1 WW point each without any garnish. I believe you can make basically the same recipe with Diet Coke (instead of the pumpkin) if you desire. They are not as dense, if memory serves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment