Monday, March 25, 2013

A super simple, yummy chicken recipe

Sorry folks. I haven't forgotten about you. Its just been a crazy insane week or so. My hubby was out of town last week and when that happens, I generally don't cook, hence no recipes to share. We had outings Friday and Saturday, so again...didn't cook then, either. I DID cook last night- a super simple and yummy chicken recipe. Its one of my favorites from Weight Watchers WAY BACK. It USED to be 5.5 points. I now give it 6 due to the increased value in points in some foods...and truly, it depends on the size of chicken breast you use. I had about 1 to 1.25 lbs of chicken and cut it into 5 serving pieces, which I then flattened out pretty well. I served with green peas, roasted zuccini and sauted mushrooms. Here is the recipe:

Provolone Chicken

4 - 4oz chicken breasts
1/2 cup flavored bread crumbs (I use Italian herb bread crumbs)
1 tspn Italian herbs
1 tspn butter (I use a small "pat" of butter...probably less than 1 tspn)
2 slices Provolone cheese, cut in half

Preheat oven to 425. Flatten chicken and place in a greased (Pam) 13x9 inch pan. Place bread crumbs in a flat dish and press both sides of the chicken into the crumbs. Place coated chicken into pan and sprinkle with Italian herbs. Top each with 1/2 slice of cheese. Dot with butter and bake for 20 minutes or until done.

4 servings - 6 points each


On a separate note, I'm officially "down" 13 lbs. I've been stuck on 13 lbs for about a week now and trying not to get frustrated. The good news is that some of my size 12 jeans are loose. 10's are still way too tight. Hum.....My goal is size 10 by Memorial Day so I have 2 months!! 1 pound a week will probably get me there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment