Monday, March 11, 2013

A Weekend Full of Food & Vegie Spiral Recipe

Today marks one month I've been back on Weight Watchers. I've lost 5 lbs, which as I remember, is about right for me. If memory serves, it typically takes me 4-5 months to lose 20-25 lbs. My original goal was 10% of my body weight and I'm over 1/2 way there, however, after going through boxes and boxes of size 10 clothes I am still hanging on to, I believe my goal will be a size 10...however much weight that is, which I suspect will be about 7-10 more lbs than my original goal. But here's the deal. I probably have 3 boxes of size 10 clothes- pants, shorts, dresses, shirts, etc., all in size 10! I can save a ton of money by not having to shop too much when I reach my goal. Most are just plain jeans, khakis, black pants, etc....nothing that goes out of "style". I will probably need new "trendy" summer shirts by the time I reach my size 10 goal, though. SO...my new goal...a comfortable size 10, however much weight that is! (I'm GUESSING about another 15-17 lbs). I am hoping to reach that goal by Memorial Day.

I hosted a lot this weekend...a Slumber Party for my almost 10-year old, which consisted of pizza (which I didn't eat) and FroYo (which I did eat- but it was 'sorbet' with fresh fruit on top!). I ended up eating steamed Chinese "dumpins" or "potstickers" or whatever they are called, for dinner. I probably ate one or two too many, but they were yummy!  I calculated that they were about 5 pts for 4 of them.

Saturday night we had family over and hubby smoked some chicken breasts. We had 2 different vegie dishes, both really good, as well as cookies, and appetizers (Wholly guac & chips and cocktail shrimp & sauce). I ate way too much Wholly Guacamole, but OMG, its soooo good!!! The dinner was "low points", but the appetizers and dessert...not so much. I knew it was coming, though, so I ate a small points breakfast and a 3-point lunch and I had almost all of my "extra" 49 points to use!

Sunday night, hubby grilled a venison steak. I made this Vegie Spiral from the blog "For the Love of Cooking", to go with it and it was good.

I think I packed the vegies TOO tightly together in mine. I used 2 potatoes and I think one (1) would have been sufficient. I don't think I used but about 1/4 cup of cheese on top, either, so I gave it 1 point per serving to account for the potato slices and scant amount of parm cheese. It was missing  something...which I ultimately decided was BUTTER!  Next time, I may give it a few squirts of "I Can't Belive its Not Butter" spray and see if that improves it. I also think it was TOO garlicky, if there is such a thing. Maybe 1 garlic clove would have been enough? And next time, I may sub bell peppers for the potatoes. I also served a fruit salad and Sister Schubert Parker House style rolls (soooo good- 4 points for 2 of them, but so worth it!).  They talked me into going to DQ for dessert and upon doing a little research on the internet, I settled on a DQ sandwich for 5 points, which was way better and the same size as the 11 points for the mini-Blizzard! YIKES! Although not on the big board menu, they do sell the DQ sandwiches and Dilly Bars (another low point option). The small cones (not dipped) are also low in points if you really need a DQ fix!

Whew - basically the weekend was all about food, but I managed to survive it without gaining any weight. I didn't lose any, but I DID NOT GAIN ANY!  That is a win in my book!

Today is Monday- leftovers for dinner, which probably means smoked chicken and leftover vegies. The rest of the week looks like this:

Tuesday: Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Wednesdsay: Baked Ziti (from the freezer- prepared months ago before I was on WW- I will have to watch my portion size, as NOTHING about this dish is "diet", but it needs to be eaten soon!)
Thursday: Chicken Cordon Blue, made with fat free ham and Laughing Cow swiss cheese
Friday: Layered Mexican Chicken (from Pinterest- a WW recipe)
Saturday - my oldest daughter's birthday, so its her choice. I'm guessing Spaghetti.
Sunday: Sauted Tilapia w/ Lemon-Peppercorn Sauce

And how is this for motivation- I have to get my Driver's License renewd before 3/30. I would like to drop another 3 lbs by then!!! I think I can...I think I can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment