Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mango Salsa- Tasty!!

So, I got brave and made my own Mango Salsa to go with the Citrus Tilapia I made last night. It was SOOOOO good with the Tilapia!! And zero calories! The only change I made to the salsa recipe was that I didn't have a red pepper, so I used an orange one. And the only change I made to the Citrus Tilapia recipe was that I put the fish back into the pan after I reduced the sauce and coated the fish (instead of pouring the sauce over the top of the fish). Later in the evening, I finished off what was left of the salsa with some tortilla chips!  It would also be good on blackened fish or with fish tacos....so many possibilities. The recipe says you can use strawberries instead of mango, but I love mango!!

In case you want to read the reviews, here is the recipe I used from www.allrecipes.com.  And FYI, the below picture is not mine, it came with the recipes from the above link.

Mango Salsa
 
 

1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced

½ red bell pepper, diced (or yellow or orange)

2 Tbsp minced red onion

1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced

2 Tbsp lime juice

1 Tbsp lemon juice

Salt& pepper to taste

 
Add all ingredients and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,
    I found your blog on Pinterest when I was looking up Advocare products. My search led me to your blog (your previous one), but it looks like you aren't writing over there, so I came here instead. First off - I love Mango Salsa!! I think I could eat it daily, on everything!

    Secondly - I read your latest post on your experience and your migraines and though that was back in February, I wanted to comment.

    I bought the 24 day challenge last summer and used about one or two Sparks and none of the supplements. After only two of those drinks, I felt strange. Kind of like you, I had not done any research beforehand. I had simply ordered because a lady I knew kept posting about how much weight she had lost, so I thought I'd give it a try.
    After feeling strange, I then went to the computer and did a little digging. There are many testimonies about Spark having adverse effects, even sending people to the hospital. Well, that did it for me! I returned all of the product, which did not go well with the lady I ordered from, but there was no way I was continuing on with the program!

    Anyway, just thought I'd share that little tidbit with you.

    Hope your WW worked out better. I'm still looking for a miracle, but that's only because I'm too lazy to go outside and walk :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback! Glad I am not alone! WW works. I lost about 20 lbs - with NO exercise, just diet change. I just cannot get my act together to exercise. Early mornings don't work for me and by evening, I'm too dang tired! :-)

    ReplyDelete