Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back to Basics

After a month of hopping from Kentucky to Florida to Kentucky to Nevada to Kentucky back to Florida....I am finally home....with 4 additional pounds to show for all the fun and eating out! Blah. So, its back to basics to lose those 4 lbs because if I don't do it NOW, well...we all know what happens. So, its back to Weight Watchers. I am mentally counting points, but if I don't shake these 4 lbs in 2-3 weeks, then I'll start journaling again. But, I'm glad I lost all the weight before going to Vegas - man was it HOT out there and I didn't feel self conscience in my tank top and shorts!
Inside Hoover Dam


Earlier this week I made a yummy, light, EASY summer chicken....its stove top, so you don't have to turn on your oven and heat the kitchen...and it uses fresh basil, so if you have a basil plant that is out of control, its a great way to use some. I posted the recipe back in April, so here it is. The only ingredients you need are chicken, basil, balsamic vinegar and honey. See- easy peesy!

And tonight its a light Tilapia recipe. I can't believe I haven't posted this one before. Its easy and quick and again...stove top so no turning on the oven in this July heat! (although I will probably still do so in  order to roast fresh vegies so hubby doesn't have to grill in 95 heat!) Usually, in the summer, my "side items" consist of "plain" fresh vegetables that are roasted or grilled (tossed in a small amount of olive oil and sprinkled with garlic salt) and a side of fresh fruit...either a mixed fruit salad or just one fruit, like sliced oranges, a bowl of strawberries or mangos, etc. VERY rarely do I make rice or bread. We get out "grains" in during the day and I don't feel the need serve it at dinner.


Tilapia Almondine

4 (old) WW Points per fish- probably 5-6 points on new system.

4 tilapia filets (3-4 oz. each)
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
4 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp slivered almonds
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

Rinse and pat tilapia fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper and a slight dusting of flower.

In a saute pan, heat only 1 Tbsp butter and saute tilapia for about 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked.

Remove fish and add the other Tbsp butter, almonds and lemon juice.

Cook a few more minutes until almonds are golden and pour sauce over filets (it won't be MUCH sauce...just enough for some additional flavor)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment