Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Update - ribs & Chinese food

Ok - First and foremost- the blackened tilapia tacos on Friday were good. Not great. I think I would have preferred just the Blackened Tilapia! It was pretty yummy by itself. And I left out the cumin in the spices. I don't like it and didn't have it on hand. It tasted fine to me. The Key Lime sandwiches were good, but I am quickly discovering I'm not a fan of Greek yogurt. They were too.....tangy? yogurty? I think I might have liked it better with maybe a mixture of FF Coolwhip and a Yoplait Key Lime Pie yogurt. I may have to play around with it.

Saturday, hubby smoked "spare" ribs, complete with a yummy honey and BBQ sauce mixture on top. I ate four, along with some roasted vegies and some fruit. They were SOOO good. My WW book said 4 spareribs are 9 pts, but since it probably didn't consider the sauce, I gave myself 12 pts. I had the points to use, so it was all good!

Sunday, hubby and my oldest daughter wanted Chinese. I did Chinese food a lot my first few rounds on WW and knew that Moo Goo Gai Pan (5 pts- 1 cup) and egg drop soup (1 pt- 1 cup) were ok. Add in 1 cup of steamed rice (5 pts) and I did okay for dinner...11 points. I may opt for steamed dumplings next time (7 pts for 4, maybe?), as this particular restaurant's Moo Goo Gai Pan was pretty tasteless. Tonight is ballet night for my youngest, which means I'll be running to/fro during the dinner hour(s), so Mondays are typically leftovers or "fend for yourself" nights.

Mondays are also the "end" of my week, and I have 35 points in my bank to use (or lose). I probably will not use them this week. I'm sure I will use my points next week, though! Birthday dinner on Wednesday night and a possible Girls Night Out on Saturday night! Looks like my total lost for this week will probably be 2.5 lbs - which brings my total lost to 8 lbs (4 lbs lost on WW in the last 2 weeks).

I also have a Honey Pecan Chicken recipe in my frig that has been in the freezer for 6 months. I HAVE to make it soon. Its NOT WW friendly, as some of the ingredients for the sauce include butter, whippping cream, orange juice and whiskey! I will just use very little sauce on my chicken. The chicken itself won't be but about 5-6 pts, I think. I would post the recipe, but its SO not diet friendly. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment